Check your Cabinets!
The Drug Enforcement Agency has partnered with pharmacies and police stations throughout our community to collect and safely dispose of your unwanted medications.
Disposing of unused and unwanted medications is an excellent way to prevent abuse.
Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the United States. According to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), over 50,000 people died from lethal drug overdoses in 2015. You can help to counteract this disturbing trend by properly disposing of your unused and unneeded prescription medications.
DEA Drug Take-back Day
April 29th, 2017
10:00am to 2:00pm
Locations Near Sunrise Detox Alpharetta:
- Roswell Recycling Center, 11570 Maxwell Rd., Alpharetta, GA 30009 (Map)
- Target, 5950 State Bridge Rd., Duluth, GA 30097 (Map)
- Target, 13055 Highway 9, Alpharetta, GA 30004 (Map)
Locations Near Atlanta:
- Atlanta Police Department, 2315 Donald Lee Hollowell Pky, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318 (Map)
- Decatur Police Department, 420 West Trinity Place, Decatur, GA 30030 (Map)
- East Point Police Department, 2727 East Point Street, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Map)
You may also Search the DEA Database, or call 800-882-9539 to find a drop-off location near you.
These annual prescription drug take-back events are a great way to keep your old and unused medications out of the wrong hands, and are an important way to help stop prescription drug abuse. That's why Sunrise Detox encourages you to properly dispose of unused and unneeded prescription medications.